Today was a good day :3 not 'cos I skipped work and got to nua around at home (okay lah, that's part of the reason too hahahaha) but more because that I got to spend some quality time with my family which is pretty rare to come by nowadays.
Ever since Brother started flying and I started working, we never really have the time to sit down tgt and have a meal anymore due to our often conflicting schedules. So whenever the chance comes by, my dad grabs hold of it extra tight and cajoles us to come home early for dinner. And yes, I know I do take my family for granted a lot of times 'cos deep down I always think they'll be there for me no matter what. But that's not the case. My parents are getting older, daddy's workload has been getting heavier and all the stress from his job is making him age faster. :(
Mummy's not like who she was previously but she's trying her best to be the best mum and wife she can be to us.
So as I was saying, today was a great day 'cos I spent the first half of my day at home. Slapped a mask on my face, painted my toe nails and just talked random nonsense with my dad. And then Brother came home, made an impromptu decision to watch G.I Joe (fucking awesome, btw) and we booked 4 tickets for it :3
Treated the family to dinner at Thai Express before the movie as well. I feel kinda bad that I spent $200+ for my boy's birthday meal but yet only $80+ for the meal for my family. Not that I'm unwilling to spend on my family but my dad would never allow me to spend that kinda money. He'd snatch the bill from me at the end of the meal and pay it for me instead just to let me have more money for my shopping and whatsoever. :(
And he also saw some Turkish lamps on display and told my brother to get one for me on his flight to Istanbul later in April. The lamp was really pretty and I really want to change the decor of my room. Maybe I'm maturing *insert cool sunglasses emoji* (saying this while typing on a phone with a hello kitty casing and being secretly excited about the other hello kitty casing the boy ordered for me. Oh ya, and currently leaning on a bed filled with disney's Marie cat sheets wtf)
I really hope I get to spend more time with the family. Shall make an effort to do so from now on :3
I love my family so much ❤❤❤

No comments:
Post a Comment